Hey everyone! It’s been a while and I apologize for the lull in posts. I don’t plan on giving up writing anytime soon, but recently I adopted a 2 year old Australian Shepherd/Flat Coated Retriever mix. She was transported all the way to Pennsylvania from a rescue in Kentucky. She’s a great dog, but she has a lot of anxiety right now and won’t leave my side.
I am sure there have to be some animal lovers who follow this blog, so I’m always happy to get some advice. We’ve been doing pretty good with potty training and basic commands, but here are the more difficult issues Ms. Sadie and I face.
- Successful introduction to 2 adult cats
- Leash pulling – some say to stop like a tree, others say to use a slip lead and pull up on the leash
- Chewing – I think this stems from anxiety right now, but I am not sure
- Teaching the dog to sleep in her bed, not mine
- She chewed through her very first crate – how can I prevent this in the future?
Any advice anyone can offer is helpful. We start training classes on Saturday, but I am interested in your success stories. Help a sister out!